Friday, March 12, 2010

Customized Paintings

Creating a custom painting for someone can be a challenge. Recently a customer described what they wanted and even commented that I should take some artistic freedom when creating the painting. Well I started on the painting, and was not happy with how it was developing, so, I started over. Putting the project behind schedule. Now I am concerned about the amount of time it is taking. The customer was very sweet about it and said there was no hurry. When the pressure of time was off, I was able to complete the painting (earlier than I thought), and I am very happy with the results. Today I am sending it to the customer and I am sure she will love it! So many people know what they want in a painting, but can not find it anywhere. Often they just want a painting that will convey a moment in their life, a snapshot that was never taken. Although it is sometimes challenging, I really enjoy fulfilling these requests. The happiness that a person feels when they look at the painting gives me joy. To know they will enjoy it and it will be a discussion piece for years to come is very satisfying. Yes custom work can be difficult and even risky, it is very much worth the effort and is rewarding in many ways. If you have an idea, a moment in time you want captured, or even the perfect painting in colors to match your decor, I would love to create it for you. Visit me at www.zatsart.com I hope you will soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment